Top 5 NFL Fantasy Tight Ends for Week 3:AccuScore
By Bart Lopez
AccuScore is an expert betting system that highlights weekly Expert Picks with the best chance for success. AccuScore uses historical performance and current rosters to run thousands of simulations in order to calculate individual player stat lines and probable game outcomes.
1. Jason Witten (DAL): The reliable tight end for the Cowboy takes the top spot this week. Last week he went about his business and caught seven passes for 102 yards. This weekend against the Redskins, Witten should maintain his good numbers as he is one of Romo’s favorite targets. Projected fantasy points: 10.5.
2. Rob Gronkowski (NE): Tom Brady gets the ball to just about everyone in the offense, especially the tight ends. Last week, Gronkowski had a great day, catching four passes for 86 yards and two touchdowns. This week against the Bills owners can expect the Patriots offense to keep on rolling, which means more fantasy points for Gronkowski and company. Projected fantasy points: 9.9.
3. Antonio Gates (SD): Last week Gates was the focus of the Patriots secondary and as a result ended up with no catches. The Pats did a great job of keeping the ball out of his hands, but that won’t happen this weekend against the Chiefs. Kansas City has played little to no defense so far this year, so expect Gates to put up good numbers. Projected fantasy points: 9.8.
4. Jimmy Graham (NO): In the first two week of play, Graham has 135 yards receiving and a touchdown. On Sunday, he will be up against the Texans defense, which is middle of the pack when it comes to defending the pass. With Drew Brees taking the snaps, owners can expect Graham to get plenty of action on game day. Projected fantasy points: 8.6.
5. Kellen Winslow (TB): The first two weeks of the season have been ok in terms of production from the Buccaneers tight end. He’s got 110 yards receiving and no touchdowns heading into the week 3 contest against the Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons biggest weakness as a team is defending the pass, which is a good sign for Winslow owners. Expect some good yardage and possibly a touchdown. Projected fantasy points: 8.0.