Chargers vs Patriots: First Half Rant
Chargers 7 – Patriots 20
Of course we will be heading into the half down. I think that is how we like to play and prove that we are a second half team. Let’s see if we can pull off some magic in this second half an pull this game off. Here are some of my notes for the first half:
– Ryan Mathews looks really good on those draw plays. He looks like he can make some big plays against this defense. He should missed a catch on one of the passes out of the backfield that he should have made.
– That first kickoff from Nick Novak was SHORT!!! I think I could have kicked the ball farther than he did on that one. Someone call Scifres in!
– Tom Brady is finding a way to slide in that pocket and dodge sacks. There are times where he had an eternity to throw! We need to hit him when we can!
– The Patriots hurry up offense has our defense scrambling and they look like they are in the wrong positions.
– You have to score when you have 3 plays from within the 5 yard line. Getting stopped at the 1 yard line is UNACCEPTABLE!!!
– The defense is getting pushed around and the Patriots seem like they can march the ball down the field on us without any effort.
– We move the ball down the field late in the first half and then a turnover takes away more points off the board. You get the ball in scoring position and you need to produce!!! We have not done that today!
– Antonio Gates is getting blanketed in coverage! Remember when NOBODY could cover Gates?
– Malcom Floyd once again proves that he is fragile and leaves the game with an injury. Putting Patrick Crayton on the inactive roster was a bad move!
We should be able to pull this off, but we need to make some HUGE plays.