Top 5 Fantasy Tight Ends for Week 2: AccuScore
AccuScore is an expert betting system that highlights weekly NFL picks with the best chance for success. AccuScore uses historical performance and current rosters to run thousands of simulations in order to calculate individual player stat lines and probable game outcomes.
1. Antonio Gates (SD): Antonio Gates continues to be a favorite option for star quarterback Phillip Rivers. Gates was targeted a game-high 13 times in week one, a trend that should continue this week against the Patriots. New England struggled last week containing the passing game of the Dolphins, which is good news for Gates and Rivers. Projected fantasy points: 11.6.
2. Jason Witten (DAL): Against the Jets last week, Witten caught the most passes on the team, 6, for 110 yards. Romo likes to throw to Witten and will do so against the San Francisco 49ers in week 2. Witten may not have another 100 yard day, but expect plenty of action. Projected fantasy points: 8.5.
3. Rob Gronkowski (NE): Tom Brady likes to throw to his tight ends. In week 1, Gronkowski snagged six passes for 86 yards and a touchdown, and he was the least productive New England TE of the day. It is unlikely that Brady will match his production from week 1 against the Chargers in week 2, but he will undoubtedly target Gronkowski quite a bit. Projected fantasy points: 8.0.
4. Aaron Hernandez (NE): In case you didn’t get it the first time, Tom Brady likes to throw to his tight ends, a lot. Hernandez caught seven passes for 103 yards and a touchdown against the Dolphins, and like Gronkowski, will undoubtedly be a big target for Brady against the Chargers. Projected fantasy points: 7.8.
5. Vernon Davis (SF): The tight end for the San Francisco 49ers did not stand out in week 1 against the Seattle Seahawks, with five receptions for 47 yards. However, that won’t continue in week 2 against the Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys defense has not played very well going back into last year, and has struggled in particular at stopping the passing game. Alex Smith isn’t a fantastic quarterback but look for him to throw often, especially to his favorite option: Davis. Projected fantasy points: 7.0.