Oct 27, 2013; Foxborough, MA, USA; Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill (17) gets to his knees after being sacked during the fourth quarter of their 27-17 loss to the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Winslow Townson-USA TODAY Sports
Chargers vs Dolphins
First of all, if we can’t beat the Dolphins after they just lost to the worst team in the league on Monday, who can we beat? This game is a must win, so we couldn’t be playing the Dolphins at a better time. This week I went behind enemy lines to ask Brian Miller, editor of the Dolphins blog PhinFanatic, about the state of the Dolphins heading into Sunday’s game:
1. Chime in on the Martin-Incognito scandal? Who is most at fault (Martin, Incognito, coaches, other players, ESPN, etc.)?
It’s been absolute crazy. It changes literally from day to day. On the surface it appears as though Martin may have planned it and now the local media are backtracking off their blame on GM Jeff Ireland and HC Joe Philbin saying they no believe they had no knowledge of the incidents. Personally, it killed our season and may have ruined the jobs for two men.
2. Do you think the moves that the Dolphins made in free agency & the draft this offseason helped the team much this year?
Not at all. Brent Grimes has been stellar but honestly this team has underperformed and frankly the new additions don’t seem to get it. Of course I don’t know if the coaches “get it” either.
3. Who are some unknown guys on offense and defense that are potential game-changers for the Dolphins?
No names? On offense there are none. Charles Clay the TE is probably the least known at this point and he can change a game if/when they target him. Defensively, CB Dimitri Patterson is having a very good year…quietly. Probably because he has been injured a lot this season.
4. Which Dolphins player has been the biggest surprise this season? The biggest disappointment?
Surprises would have to include the aforementioned Patterson and Brent Grimes. Offensively Charles Clay. Still none of those three are marginally huge surprises. The worst? The entire offensive line and linebackers. The LB’s especially were supposed to be so much better and simply are not.
5. What is your prediction for the outcome of the game?
34 to 17 San Diego. Miami is struggling right now in a very bad way.