The first official depth chart for the San Diego Chargers has been released and is available on Chargers.com.
Some of the notes that I noticed from the first official depth chart:
- Eddie Royal is listed as the 4th recevier on the roster, above Keenan Allen and Robert Meachem.
- Vincent Brown is listed as a second stringer behind Malcom Floyd.
- King Dunlap is listed as the starting left tackle over Max Starks.
- D.J. Smith is listed as 3rd string at inside linebacker
- Thomas Keiser is listed as third string
- Sean Cattouse is listed as a second string safety behind Eric Weddle and above Jahleel Addae
- Richard Goodman is still listed as the top kick returner on the team, but Eddie Royal is right behind him and Keenan Allen is also listed as a possibility at the spot.
So many things will change as the preseason grind goes, but it is good to see where everyone is at the starting gate.