It’s finally here! Today is one of my favorite days of the year! I don’t care what non-draft enthusiasts have to say about me. I know that I can speak for the entire BoltBeat Nation in saying that this day is looked forward to as soon as the prior season ends.
Like many of you, I know that mock drafts are completely worthless after the first couple of picks. There is always a trade or two that throw a wrench into my workings. Now that the new rookie wage scale is in place, there is sure to be more wheeling and dealing than in years past. Of course, maybe even that will not ring true in the 2012 NFL draft. But my guess is that we will see activity as soon as pick #3 and no later than pick #10.
With all that being said, I am going to do a mock draft anyway. I actually really enjoy reading other people’s mock drafts. It’s always useful to see what others are thinking.
I’m not, however, going to breakdown the reasoning for each pick. I will say this when you read this mock please understand that I know we will not be able to sit at 18 and still draft Mark Barron. But I do believe that he will be a Charger and it wouldn’t make sense for me to not place him with the Bolts. My mock is based more on who I feel will fit with a team regardless of where they pick in the first round. The Chargers might even be forced to trade up into the top ten to acquire Barron.
On that note, check it out and hopefully this will help you pass the time until the real NFL draft FINALLY gets here.
1) Indianapolis Colts- Andrew Luck
2) Washington Redskins- RG3
3) Minnesota Vikings- Morris Claiborne
4) Cleveland Browns- Trent Richardson
5) TampaBay Buccaneers- Matt Kalil
6) St. Louis Rams- Fletcher Cox
7) Jacksonville Jaguars- Chandler Jones
8) Miami Dolphins- Ryan Tannehill
9) Carolina Panthers- Justin Blackmon
10) Buffalo Bills- Michael Floyd
11) Kansas City Chiefs- Dontari Poe
12) Seattle Seahawks- Quinton Coples
13) Arizona Cardinals- Melvin Ingram
14) Dallas Cowboys- Stephon Gilmore
15) Philadelphia Eagles- Luke Kuechly
16) New York Jets- Courtney Upshaw
17) Cincinnati Bengals- David DeCastro
18) THE SAN DIEGO CHARGERS- Mark Barron
19) Chicago Bears- Whitney Mercilus
20) Tennessee Titans- Michael Brockers
21) Cincinnati Bengals- Dre Kirkpatrick
22) Cleveland Browns-BrandonWeeden
23) Detroit Lions- Cordy Glenn
24) Pittsburgh Steelers- Donta Hightower
25) Peyton Manning- Doug Martin
26) Houston Texans- Stephen Hill
27) New England Patriots- Nick Perry
28) Green Bay Packers- Shea McClellin
29) Baltimore Ravens-KendallWright
30) San Francisco 49ers- Amini Silatolu
31) New England Patriots- Riley Reiff
32) New York Giants- Brandon Thompson
There it is Boltaholics! Have at it in the comments section. As I was finishing this I am hearing talk of the Patriots trying to trade up to get Mark Barron. Awesome…… The Patriots are my least favorite team outside of the AFC West.
Remember that this is not who I would pick for each team but who I think will go there. But, again, what do I know!
P.S. I still HOPE that we move down and draft Nick Perry and trade back up into the late first or early second and grab Harrison Smith.