Jacob Hester ventured out to Seattle yesterday to see what another team could offer him. In Seattle, he would be coming off of the bench behind Pro Bowl FB Michael Robinson. He would be doing the same thing here, but he already knows the offensive system. He might even get some opportunities on offense as a fullback blocking for LeRon McClain. The Bolts gave him a deadline an ultimatum to sign a contract by Monday according to the UT.
Here were Hester’s comments after the trip:
“I’m appreciative they gave me the extra time to go on a visit. I just wanted to go somewhere and see … It will be a big decision. I’m glad I got a few days to decide.”
“I might take another trip later in the week. But I don’t know if I need to go anywhere else.”
Just based off of those comments, I think he is leaning toward signing back with us. It just seems that he wanted to see his value to another team and had to compare the price tag. If Hester returns, does that mean that we won’t be looking to add a veteran runningback? It could mean that we could go for a runningback in the draft.
The same ultimatum went out to former Oakland Raider OT Mario Henderson. He needs to give us his decisions soon also. We reported last week that he had already signed with us based off of his facebook comment, but he didn’t put his name on the paper yet. His agent wanted to go see if he could get more money somewhere else.
We will know if they will be wearing lightning bolts by next week. In the end, I expect both to be wearing Chargers colors. I just don’t see either player having many different options and opportunities that they could have here.
Do you see them going anywhere else?