Well, it’s here. Sunday. Are you ready for some football? Some San Diego Chargers football? Today is the 104th time Denver and San Diego will meet. All-time, Denver is 54-48-1. However, this includes a 19-32 record on the road against San Diego. So, we already beat the Donkeys in their house, here are some reasons we will beat them at home.
1. Powder blue – It is finally time to bust out the powder blue jerseys. This is typically a win for the Chargers. That said, they are wearing them again on 12/18, so does that mean two wins?
2. Thanksgiving – This is a time for giving. Time for the Broncos to give the Chargers a few turnovers, a pick six and a run back on kickoff would be very nice of them.
3. November – Well, maybe November is no longer our month. I haven’t heard anyone say “Norvember” for weeks, so at least some good came of the losing streak.
4. The ground game – Denver has not been having Tebow throw a lot yet and have depended on running the ball. The Chargers defense will be prepared.
5. Junior Seau – Junior will be at the game and inducted into Chargers Hall of Fame. His presence on the field will certainly motivate the players to perform at a higher level. Oh, and did I mention he will be introduced by Dan Fouts? This is the game to win.
It’s time for the Chargers to decide if they are going to perform or just ride out the season being mediocre. The cheese is in the crock pot, the bar has been stocked and the TV’s are all going to be tuned into the game. The Chargers can win this game.
Note: I looked around for a throwback jersey win-loss statistic with no luck. Anyone know it?