Here is a list of things that we learned after our matchup against the Jets. Some of these things we already knew, but the game against the Jets was more confirmation:
- Something is definitely wrong with Philip Rivers. Maybe he has too many kids keeping him up at night OR his mechanics are screwed up. Maybe the line is not giving him any time, BUT he is just not right. His accuracy is off and his decision making has been poor. We all need to get down on our knees and pray that Philip Rivers comes back with a vengeance starting next week!
- Antoine Cason can’t cover an inmate who shot himself in the foot! That probably means he can’t cover a lot of people in the league. He is on bench watch right now and the rookie might take over his job this week.
- Malcom Floyd is good for one acrobatic catch a game. After that he will be done for the game with an injury and the opposing defense will double team Vincent Jackson till the end of the game. Nobody will get open and Philip Rivers will either take the sack or throw the pick.
- LaDainian Tomlinson looks the same on the sideline with a towel over his head as he did in a Bolts jersey on the sideline with a towel over his head during a playoff game.
- Antonio Cromartie has not changed from his douchebaggery ways (I don’t think that is a real word).
- Antonio Gates makes our Red Zone offense 50 million times better! His presence opens up the passing game and the running attack. I still don’t know why Norv had to wait till 3rd down to put him in on the goal line situation, but when do I understand what Norv does? He needs to stay healthy for us to have a fighting chance.
What did you learn from this game?