Here are a few little fun facts for you that you may or may not know. Although past history cannot directly predict the future, especially in the game of football, it shows a bright light at the end of this game tunnel. Without further adieu, here we go!
1. The Chiefs QB’s totaled 116 yards in 2 games against us in 2010.
2. TE Tony Moeaki was their leading receiver in the series totaling 5 catches for 34 yards and 1 TD. He is out for the season on IR.
3. Jamaal Charles was our kryptonite in the series with 132 yards on 21 carries! He too is out for the season on IR.
4. The only INT that Rivers threw in the series was ball hawked by Safety Eric Berry. (see the trend) He too is out for the season on IR.
5. KC has been outscored by opponents 89-10 this season so far.
7. Matt Cassel has a current passer rating of 50! Really? “C’mon man!”
8. The Chiefs have 9 turnovers through 2 games this season.
9. The Chiefs are experiencing a mountain of issues in the head coach/GM area. Head Coach Todd Haley could be looking for a new job in the near future and the tactics of GM Scott Pioli are being questioned. The KC Chiefs had the most cap room of any team at the end of the lockout and he did not make a play for any big name free agents.
10. The Chiefs have lost 5 of their last 6 games against the Bolts.
Point in case: If the Chargers can muster up any kind of a solid effort this weekend they should walk away with the “W” at home, which would give up the perfect head steam heading into week 4 vs Miami and week 5 @ Denver. We could very well be looking at a 4-1 start if we can get our team firing on all cylinders.