AccuScore is an expert betting system that highlights weekly NFL picks with the best chance for success. AccuScore uses historical performance and current rosters to run thousands of simulations in order to calculate individual player stat lines and probable game outcomes.
1. Michael Vick (PHI): Topping the quarterback list is none other than Michael Vick. In week 1, Vick threw for 187 yards and two touchdowns, and ran for 98 yards. This week Vick will face off against a Falcons defense that was dismantled by Jay Cutler. Expect Vick and the much more potent Eagles offense to outperform the Bears and put up good number against the Falcons. Projected fantasy points: 21.2.
2. Aaron Rodgers (GB): Last week Rodgers was nearly flawless against the Saints, with an impressive QB rating of 132.1. The Packers quarterback made it look easy, distributing the ball to just about every receiver on his team. Against a Carolina Panthers defense that gave up 28 points to Kevin Kolb and the Cardinals, Rodgers should put together another spectacular performance. Projected fantasy points: 20.6.
3. Philip Rivers (SD): Last week was not a typical one for Philip Rivers. The Vikings defense brought a lot of pressure and was able to keep Rivers from getting comfortable. This week Rivers will be facing off against a Patriots defense that was torn apart in week 1 by Chad Henne. No disrespect to Henne, but Rivers is one of the league’s elite passers so expect him to put up good numbers against the Pats. Projected fantasy points: 19.5.
4. Matthew Stafford (DET): Stafford had a great game against the Bucs in week 1, throwing for 305 yards and three touchdowns. He did get a little banged up but is ready to face off against a Kansas City defense that was awful against Buffalo. Ryan Fitzpatrick could do no wrong through the air (he finished with four touchdowns), so expect similar production from Stafford, who is arguably a better quarterback and has better offensive weapons around him. Projected fantasy points: 18.7.
5. Tom Brady (NE): After the historic performance against the Dolphins, it seems a little wrong to have Brady this low on the list. However, don’t expect him to pull a repeat. His opponent in week 2, the Chargers, should do a better job of putting pressure on the quarterback and preventing over 500 yards of passing. Brady will likely return to earth with the rest of us, but will still put up good numbers. Projected fantasy points: 18.5.