Check out the Help Wanted Ad i posted for NFL.com Blog Blitz. Hopefully we can find a defensive coordinator soon as a good replacement for Ron Rivera. Greg Manusky is interviewing today for the position and we already interviewed current Secondary Coach Steve Wilks and Linebackers Coach John Pagano for the position.
The San Diego Chargers are looking for an experienced defensive coordinator to take over for the league’s number 1 ranked defense. You will inherit a beast of a defensive tackle in Antonio Garay and a great pass rush off the edge from linebacker Shaun Phillips. You will also get solid play at the corner positions from Quentin Jammer and Antoine Cason.
The rest of your employees will be determined in the coming months during the NFL Draft and possible free agency pickups. We will do our best to bring back core players like Eric Weddle and Stephen Cooper, but no promises.
- Specializes in the 3-4 Defense
- Attacking aggressive style that will create turnovers
- Potential to become a Head Coach in case we fire the head coach
- Bring the Chargers to the Super Bowl, defense wins championships
- Just hold opposing teams to less than 20 points, the offense should be able to handle the rest
- Must be able to coach undrafted free agents and place them in good positions to make plays
- Provide motivation, passion and inspiration to a coaching staff that is lacking it
- Make LB Larry English do something other than sit on the inactive list week to week
- We ended the season with the number 1 ranked defense, anything less is grounds for termination
- We paid Luis Castillo a lot of money a few years back, you will need to remind us why we did that
- Live up to the expectations of Ron Rivera and Wade Phillips, we do not want another Ted Cottrell